College Writing II

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dear Professor Mendham

At the end of the College Writing II course I taught in the Fall of 2006, I had the students perform a small group exercise in which they were asked to imagine some future professor writing a letter about what the students were like as writers. Here are three very hilarious examples:

Dear Professor Mendham:

I have several of your College Writing II students in my Poetry Interrogation class. Though the students seem very enthusiastic about taking this course, I am concerned about their reluctance to “tie the poem to a chair and torture a confession out of it.” Isn’t that what interrogation is all about?

They have taken a strange liking to dropping mice onto the poetry. I even had one student come in with waterskis! I am still trying to figure that one out.

All that aside, your students are quite knowledgeable and very efficient at proofreading and a pleasure to have in class, though I sometimes wonder if they are on something, acid perhaps.

Sincerely,
Professor Poetre N. Anutshell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home